If you’re new to Charlotte Mason-style education, you may be struggling to figure out where and how to implement Ms. Mason’s principles in real life. One area where I personally have struggled is how to implement the concept of a natural journal with my preschoolers who are not yet reading anything more than three-letter words, and definitely not writing much. I have been on the hunt for resources (and I especially love FREE resources) that will help me teach my younger children how to love journaling about nature. I have since come across some pretty amazing things that I really wanted to share.
- Free printable nature study journal geared towards preschoolers.
- Neighborhood Nature Walks – a great “how-to” blog post about nature walks with young children, plus a free printable nature journal!
- Preschool Science – a plethora of free resources for nature studies with preschoolers, complete with printables.
- Why We Love Nature Study – this blog post is a great, informational “how-to” article that gives all the reasons why nature studies are important, practical ways to implement nature studies, and lots of tips and tricks for engaging children and prompting learning. This is a must-read!
- Preschool Science Printable Pack – all you need to complete 10 great nature-themed activities!
- For those who are ready for a little writing/copywork, here’s a great copywork printable.
- Plants and Flowers Writing Practice is another free printable for those who are ready for writing.
I hope you’re able to find some use out of these wonderful FREE resources. Enjoy your nature studies!