I have done a couple of posts now on why I choose to homeschool, citing news articles about current events that continue to reaffirm our family’s decision to educate our children at home. I have continued to compile lists of recent events in the news (the list I am giving you today is news events just from the past month!), and it never ceases to amaze me the things that are happening in public schools these days. As a mother – especially a Christian mother – I simply cannot imagine sending my child to a public school knowing these things are going on all over the country. Please, as you are going through these lists, note that these things are happening everywhere; they are not simply isolated to a few “bad” areas. I urge you, please take a step back and pray about your child(ren)’s education, and see where God leads you.
So, yet again, here are even more reasons why I choose to homeschool.
- Because I am not okay with Bill Gates video taping my children.
- Because no child should come home with a bloodied face on his first day of school, or EVER.
- Because I’m pretty sure I’d wind up in jail facing assault charges if a teacher did this to my child – especially upon finding out that the teacher wasn’t terminated for such conduct.
- Because children should not be pressured into making career choices at 12 and 13 years old!
- Because… this. I shouldn’t need to waste my time explaining why this is wrong.
- Because parents should not have to pay $200 (on top of all the other costs) just to see their children graduate.
- Because extramarital sex and teen pregnancy should not be glorified.
- Because this is 2014, and teachers are not allowed to beat students!
- Because a child should never under any circumstances be denied the right to use the bathroom.
- Because hard work, competition, and a drive to succeed is what this nation was founded on and should en encouraged, not discouraged.
- Because I will never tolerate people like this educating my children.
- Because my husband and I will be educating our children about sex, family planning, and what moral standards are acceptable, not teachers.
- Because this is so incredulous, I can’t even find the words to express the ridiculousness of the situation.
- Because anyone who bans the use of sunscreen on OUTDOOR field trips, in JUNE, in TEXAS, is clearly not fit to make decisions about my children’s education.
- Because this is the sort of thing we as parents try to protect our children from; we should not have to fear our children encountering this at school! (And because I know for a fact that my husband would do the same thing if he were in this father’s shoes.)
- Because there has never been a school shooting at a homeschool.
- Because parents of first graders (or any age, for that matter) should not have to worry about their children being exposed to heroine!